Building projects or earth disturbance activities that are on acre or more size OR within 500 feet of a body of water require permitting from the Lapeer County Health Department. A body of water is defined as a lake, stream or pond. 


More information and application forms:


What is Lapeer County's Soil Erosion Program


DEQ Frequently Asked Questions

Waiver Forms

Residential Permit Application

Commercial Permit Application

Lapeer County Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Ordinance


Michigan Department of Environmental Quality