1.) The best way to get your taxes paid is to save the money yourself. If you need help in budgeting or money management counseling, contact:  Greenpath Debt Solutions, Flint, (810) 230-1077. This non-profit agency can provide debt management services where they receive your salary check and then pay your creditors.

Love, Inc., 245-2414. Regular series of money management classes.

Hispanic Service Center, 724-3665. Budget counseling and translation.

Blue Water Center for Independent Living, 664-9098. Counselors and advocates for people with disabilities.

MSU Extension, 667-0341. on a case-by-case basis.

Legal Services of Eastern Michigan, (810) 239-8831. Regular Property Tax Clinics

Housing Resource Center, 664-0255. Assist with budgeting and finding housing-related resources or financing

Veterans Department, 667-0256. For veterans and families.

2) Personal resources that you have. See if any of them can loan you money.

      Your family or friends
Your church
Your bank, credit union, etc.
Ask a club, service organization or labor union to which you belong.


4.) 3) Angel Food Ministries takes orders for food on a monthly basis � About $65 worth of food for $30. No income limits. Call Faith Christian Family Church at 810-667-5077or Dryden Wesleyan Church at 810-796-2157.


5.) 4) Do you want to cut your current tax bill? Apply at your Township or City offices for a Poverty Exemption. This is an annual exemption that can cut or eliminate your current property taxes. You must apply by December 1, 2016 for the 2016 tax year.

Do not wait!


Information about DHS
(Department of Human Services)

If your household income meets the Lapeer County Annual Income Guideline, or if you have some extraordinary, one-time expenses (healthcare, fire, etc.) contact the Lapeer County Treasurer's Office for an application for a
Financial Hardship Deferral of Foreclosure. Completed applications should be returned to the Treasurer's office as soon as possible. A Hearing will be held February 10, 2017 to review the applications.


If a deferral is granted, the full amount of taxes, interest, penalties and fees is still owed. However, the property is withheld from Foreclosure for one year. Except in unusual circumstances, this is a one-time, non-renewable deferral. Please call 810-667-0239 if you have any questions.